Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tennis

Tennis is a sport that I enjoy playing. I wish I were better at it, but I feel that way about most of the sports that I try to play. I would like to play more and again I feel that way about most of the sports that I try to play. But what goes along with being a sports junkie is watching just about any sport that is on TV. This brings me back to tennis. This past weekend was the Wimbledon Men's final. After the match was complete and Roger Federer won for the 5th time in a row a commercial aired from Nike. You can watch that commercial here.
My 5 year old daughter Lexi picked up on one line in the commercial. Tiger Woods is narrating and he states that Federer started playing tennis when he was six years old. She looked at me and said, "I'm going to learn to play tennis when I turn six." So of course now we know what Daddy is getting his daughter for her birthday this fall...
But what was even funnier was that after the trophy presentation they show Federer kissing the trophy which is basically a large cup as you can see below. Lexi turns to me and states that since she will start playing tennis when she is six. This means she will win a cup too. After she kisses the cup and brings it home. She will set it on the counter and use it for silverware. Are kids not wonderful!
Cheers!

No comments: