Monday, July 02, 2007

The Scoop on Poop

I know isn't that just funny to say!! I was reminded of this reading one of my favorite blogs (The Ward-O-Matic). It's not that I know Ward from Adam, but he is just very creative, has children approximately the same age as mine and it is very interesting to see what his family is drawing (they are amazing artists)! Anyway...Ward was mentioning in a post a few days ago that his daughter is very into the word poop and all of its derivatives.
This reminded me that we recently went on a trip to the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines. They currently have an exhibit entitled "The Scoop on Poop." It was actually rather interesting. They had displays on how animals use their poo for a variety of different purposes depending on where they live and who they are. Here are some photos from The Scoop!



OK, I apologize as I thought we had more photos from that exhibit. But in retrospect it was more just the giggles that came from Lexi when we were talking about animals using their poo for some very odd reasons. But there were many other things to see at the zoo. Personally this was one of the first times that I've been to the zoo since Brea has gotten a little older. She was very observant and even pointed out a few animals that I hadn't noticed or hadn't started to look for. As you can see below when she wanted to look at an animal she made her point. Some of her favorites were the large cats. She liked to watch them walk around. The tiger even came up to the viewing window and appeared to look at us. She was in heaven! Thank goodness for the thick glass or the tiger would have been in heaven too!



I recommend getting out and supporting your local zoo. These are wonderful places that our children (or the children inside of us) can experience amazing things like 90 year old tortoises trying to mate! That is another story for another day. Or if you need to hear it now, you can read about it on Jenn's blog.

CHEERS!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good to see you back!!! I love your Scoop the Poop picture, looks like you're really concentrating!!!!!! haha!! Hope you guys are doing well, you'll have to come visit us before Marisa leaves, which won't be too long, only about a month and a half, I still can't believe she's going to Tiawan!!! WOW!! Chicken Days is next weekend, both myself and Dad have class reunions this year, and this year it's back in bressler park due to construction at WSC. YAY, MORE SHADE!!!! :) *Hugs to everyone*