Thursday, July 10, 2008

200K

Well starting to commute has some monuments that you come upon. One of these happens to be based upon the mileage on the odometer of George, my little Toyota Corolla. Well on Wednesday July 9, 2008 at 7:27 AM Central time while driving past mile marker 151 on I-80 just east of Des Moines I rolled upon the grand number of 200,000! I was so excited to see that number. Now I just hope George hangs with the family for a while.
One reason that I want to ensure that George sticks with us for awhile is that upon calculating gas mileage this morning I realized that my little hunk of rust just got 39.5 MPG! WOW! I'd have to by one hell of a hybrid, or a really small thing that I wouldn't come close to fitting in, in order to get almost 40! Woo Hoo! That takes a slight touch of the sting out of the commute.

Cheers!

No comments: