Thursday, February 14, 2008

Daily Devotions

I have felt for the past several years that I have let my daily devotion time go to the wayside. It was in the darkest times that I look back on my favorite poem from high school. You know the one about there only being one set of foot prints... I made it a point after the first of the year to go to the local Christian bookstore and purchase a daily devotional. I was drawn to one that in all actuality is probably in my box of books from the year spent at Bible college.



My Utmost for His Highest was a good fit for me. I have found (on the days that I remember to pick it up) that the daily topics, even though written primarily in the early 1900's hit home. I should make more time, and more importantly regular time, to sit with my daily devotional and actually explore the scripture verses a little more. I guess we can all continue to grow in what ever direction we choose!

Sorry to turn my blog into a religious forum although that was not the intent. I just wanted to share what seemed to help get me through the hard times and hopefully will keep me grounded during the bright times!

May God bless and keep you all!

Cheers!

No comments: